Assistant Professor of Global Health
>5 years research experience in Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health.
Field of Expertise: maternal health research, obstetrics/gynaecology clinical experience, epidemiology, face-to-face, online and bleded education, capacity building and partnership building.
She has a large international/global health network, and published >25 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
– Savitri AI, Zuithoff P, Browne JL, Amelia D, Baharuddin M, Grobbee DE, Uiterwaal CS. Does pre-pregnancy BMI determine blood pressure during pregnancy? A prospective cohort study. BMJ Open 2016;6(8):e011626
– Koudijs HM* & Savitri AI*, Browne JL, Amelia D, Naharuddin M, Grobbee DE, Uiterwaal CSPM. Hyperemesis gravidarum and placental dysfunction disorders. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2016;16:374.
– Antwi E, Groenwold RHH, Browne JL, Franx A, Agyepong IA, Koram KA, Klipstein-Grobusch K, Grobbee DE. Development and validation of a prediction model for pregnancy induced hypertension in a Ghanaian cohort. BMJ Open accepted
– Den Hollander GC, Browne JL, Arhinful D, Van der Graaf R, Klipstein-Grobusch K. Power difference and risk perception: mapping vulnerability within the decision process of pregnant women towards clinical trial participation in an urban middle-income setting. Dev W Bioeth 2016 Oct 20.
– Browne JL* & Kayode GA*, Arhinful D, Fidder SAJ, Grobbee DE, Klipstein-Grobusch K. Association of maternal health insurance and maternal, neonatal and child health services utilization. BMJ Open, BMJ Open. 2016 Mar 18;6(3):e008175.
– Van der Linden EL, Browne JL, Vissers KM, Antwi E, Agyepong IA, Grobbee DE, Klipstein-Grobusch K. Maternal body mass index and adverse pregnancy outcomes: a Ghanaian cohort study. Obesity, 2016 Jan;24(1):215-22.
– Browne JL, Damale NKR, Raams TM, Van der Linden EL, Maya ET, Doe R, Rijken MJ, Adanu R, Grobbee DE, Franx A, Klipstein-Grobusch K. Uterine Tonus Assessment by Midwives versus Patient self-assessment in the active management of the third stage of labor (UTAMP): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2015 Dec 18;16:580
– Browne JL* & Vissers KM*, Antwi E, Srofenyoh EK, Van der Linden EL, Agyepong IA, Grobbee DE, Klipstein-Grobusch K. Perinatal outcomes after hypertensive disorders in pregnancy in a poor urban setting. Trop Med Int Health. 2015 Dec;20(12):1778-86
– Van der Hoeven TR, Browne JL, Uiterwaal CSPM, Dalmeijer GW, Van der Boor SC, Grobbee DE, Saldi SRF, Sastroasmoro S, NS Idris. The effect of exposure to second-hand smoke during pregnancy on birth outcome: the BRAVO study. Submitted.