Internist-Geriatrician and Clinical Epidemiologist
Dr. Kuntjoro Harimurti is an internist-geriatrician and clinical epidemiologist by training. He was trained as MSc in clinical epidemiology in University of Utrecht, the Netherland and got his PhD degree from Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia. Now he active as lecturer in Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Indonesia, teaching medical students and internal medicine residents in clinical skills. He is also teaching research methods and evidence-based medicine (EBM) to under and post-graduate students. He is now appointed as Head of Internal Medicine Study Program, Faculty of Medicine UI and actively involved in the development of CEEBM Unit in CMH-FMUI as coordinator of development. His research experience including principle investigator of various clinical epidemiology researches in internal medicine and geriatrics, and as research supervisors of medical students.
Areas of expertise:
Clinical research in geriatric population (aetiology, prognostic, and clinical trials)
• Harimurti K, Setiati S. C-reactive Protein Levels and Decrease of Albumin Levels in Hospitalized Elderly Patients with Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Acta Med Indones 2007;39(1):13-8.
• Harimurti K, Setiati S. The Use of Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA) and Its Correlation with Serum Albumin Level in Indonesian Hospitalized Elderly Patients. Presented at 4th Malaysia-Indonesia-Brunei Medical Science Conference. Kuala Lumpur, 23-26 July 2008.
• Harimurti K. Diagnosis Osteoporosis dan Prediksi Fraktur Osteoporosis pada Wanita Usia Lanjut: Perlukah Pemeriksaan Densitometri Tulang? Dalam: Setiati S, Dwimartutie N. Chronic Degenerative Diseases in the Elderly: Update on Diagnosis and Management. Jakarta: Perhimpunan Gerontologi Medik Indonesia (PERGEMI JAYA), 2011.
• Harimurti K, Djauzi S, Witarto AB, Dewiasty E. Human -defensin 2 Concentration of Respiratory Tract Mucosa in Elderly Patients with Pneumonia and Its Associated Factors. Acta Med Indones. 2011 Oct;43(4):218-23.
• Harimurti K. Pneumonia in Elderly: Lesson Learned from Local Evidences. Buku Prosiding Simposium Jakarta Antimicrobial Update (JADE). Jakarta, April 2012. 4
• Harimurti K. Optimizing Delirium Prediction Model in the Management of Hospitalized Elderly Patients (editorial). Acta Med Indones. 2012;44:271-2.
Isfandiaty R, Harimurti K, Setiati S, Roosheroe AG. Incidence and Predictor for Delirium in Hospitalized Eledrly Patients: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Acta Med Indones. 2012;44:290-7.
• Brahma B, Yulian ED, Ramli M, Setianingsih I, Gautama W, Brahma P, Sastroasmoro S, Harimurti K. Surgical Perspective of T1799A BRAF Mutation Diagnostic Value in Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14(1):31-7.