Professor of Geriatrics Medicine at the Department of Internal Medicine, FMUI
Siti Setiati is a Professor of Geriatrics Medicine at the Department of Internal Medicine, FMUI with more than 20 years of teaching experiences. She has epidemiology background and involved in many education projects especially related to geriatrics and internal medicine. She involved in developing curriculum for undergraduate of medical students and post graduate specialty training in internal medicine, as well as for geriatric medicine, FMUI. She also one of the editor of Indonesian Text Book of Internal Medicine.
Currently, Prof. Setiati is the Chair of CEEBM Unit. Aside from chairing the CEEBM Unit, she is also the course director of Research Methods module and Clinical Epidemiology and EBM module for all medical specialist students of FMUI. She is also lecturer of several topics in CE-EBM Module for undergraduate, medical specialist and doctoral program in FMUI.
Areas of expertise:
Clinical research in geriatric population (aetiology, prognostic, and clinical trials)
• Mardhiyah R, Makmun D, Syam AF, Setiati S. The Effects of Ramadhan Fasting on Clinical Symptoms in Patients with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Acta Med Indones. 2016 Jul;48(3):169-174.
• Setiati S et all. The effect of caloric restriction during Ramadan fasting on free radical status among elderly patients. Majalah Kedokteran Indonesia.2001;51: 293-298
• Setiati S et al. The effect of Ramadan fasting on kidney function among elderly patients. Medical Journal of Indonesia 2000 March;9(10):1-60
• Oktavia D; Suhardjono., Nasution SA, Setiati S. The clinical factors’ prediction of increased intradialytic qt dispersion on the electrocardiograms of chronic hemodialysis patients. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2013 Mar;24(2):274-80.
• Isfandiaty R, Harimurti K, Setiati S, Roosheroe AG. Incidence and predictors for delirium in hospitalized elderly patients: a retrospective cohort study. Acta Med Indones. 2012 Oct;44(4):290-7.
• Setiati S, Harimurti K, Dewiasty E, Istanti R. Predictors and scoring system for health-related quality of life in an Indonesian community-dwelling elderly population. Acta Med Indones. 2011 Oct;43(4):237-42.
• Setiati S et all. Mortality Prognostic Factors in Elderly Inpatients with Community Acquired Pneumonia at Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo national Central General Hospital Jakarta : a Survival Analysis. Acta Medica Indonesiana :The Indonesian Journal of Internal Medicine.2003;35: 176-183
• Pramono LA, Setiati S. Soewondo P, Subekti I, Adisasmita A, Kodim N, Sutrisna B. Prevalence and predictors of undiagnosed diabetes mellitus in Indonesia. Acta Med Indones. 2010 Oct; 42(4):216-23
• Seto E, Setiati S, Laksmi PW, Tamin TZ. Diagnostic Test of a Scoring System for Frailty Syndrome in the Elderly According to Cardiovascular Health Study, Study of Osteoporotic Fracture and Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Based Frailty Index Compared with Frailty Index 40 Items. Acta Med Indones. 2015 Jul;47(3):183-7.
• Hamonangan R, Wijaya IP, Setiati S, Harimurti K. Impact of Frailty on the First 30 Days of Major Cardiac Events in Elderly Patients with Coronary Artery Disease Undergoing Elective Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Acta Med Indones. 2016 Apr;48(2):91-8.
• Budyono C, Setiati S, Purnamasari D, Rumende CM. The Proportion of Orthostatic Hypotension and Its Relationship with HbA1c Levels in Elderly Patients with Diabetes. Acta Med Indones. 2016 Apr;48(2):122-8.
• Sumantri S, Setiati S, Purnamasari D, Dewiasty E. Relationship between metformin and frailty syndrome in elderly people with type 2 diabetes. Acta Med Indones. 2014 Jul;46(3):183-8.
• Sumardi R, Mochtar CA, Junizaf, Santoso BI, Setiati S, Nuhonni SA, Trihono PP, Rahardjo HE, Syahputra FA. Prevalence of urinary incontinence, risk factors and its impact: multivariate analysis from Indonesian nationwide survey. Acta Med Indoens 2014; 46(3)
• Roosheroe AG, Setiati S, Istanti R. Insulin resistance as one of indicators for metabolic syndrome and its associated factors in Indonesian elderly. Acta Med Indones. 2012 Jul;44(3):199-206.
• Wahyudi ER, Setiati S, Harimurti K, Dewiasty E, Istanti R.Risk factors for depressive symptom changes in Indonesian geriatric outpatient. Acta Med Indones. 2012 Jan;44(1):47-52.
• Hidayat R, Setiati S, Soewondo P. The association between vitamin D deficiency and type 2 diabetes mellitus in elderly patients. Acta Med Indones.2010 Jul;42(3):123-9